Our Green Policy
Our Commitment to Environmental Sustainability
- Investing in the delivery fleet to reduce mileage and road time, while increasing fuel efficiency through the addition of “skirts” to all trailers, investing in lighter weight utility carts and continuous optimization of delivery routes.
- Garments taken out of service are given to relief distribution centers and sent to communities all over the world.
- Investment in longer life synthetic fabrics and products which require less water to clean and less natural gas to dry, reducing the amount of discarded unusable product and our carbon footprint.
- Water pre-treatment system ensures products are processed with a clean water supply. Waste water treatment system collects, cleans and recycles water, reducing overall use and ensuring water cleanliness when returned to the local water system.
- Green washroom chemicals and formulas are used when possible to properly clean products without harsh environmental effects, while reducing energy and water use.
- Cotton byproducts are collected and sent to other industries for continued use.
- Damaged floor mats are re-manufactured to extend the useful life.
- Energy Star equipment, lighting programs and Smart electrical systems to include new sensor activated LED lighting around the perimeter of the production and fulfillment centers to assist with light monitoring and reduction in energy usage.
- Encouraging accounts to convert to electronic statements and invoices along with the use of hand held technology to achieve our goal of becoming paperless.
- Purchase recycled steel garment hangers, reclaim them from our customers after use, and re-utilize them in future deliveries.
- Remove and re-use RFID chips, name and company emblems from garments.
- Purchase recycled post consumer paper, printer cartridges and other office supplies.
- Recycle office supplies and production materials wherever possible.
Green Core Program
CLS is developing a system of collecting plastic packaging from accounts, redirecting the flow of that material away from the landfills and sending the material to a Michigan based plastic company. There the material is re-manufactured into trash can liners and sold throughout the state to businesses and consumers.
CLS is a Textile Rental Service Association (TRSA) Certified Clean Green Production Facility
TRSA Clean Green Certification recognizes companies that demonstrate responsible leadership in-sustainability and conservation to protect the environment. The program acknowledges a textile service companies continuing commitment to improving efficiency in water and energy conservation and adoption of best management practices for reusing, reclaiming and recycling resources.
Clean Green certified textile services operations meet quality standards for effectiveness in conserving resources, controlling sewer discharges and otherwise minimizing environmental impact. A business that uses uniforms, linens, floor mats and other reusable textiles laundered by a Clean Green facility can point to the certification as evidence that these were washed, dried and finished with techniques selected to maximize sustainability.
Industrial-scale laundries are most likely to meet Clean Green standards because they deploy high-capacity washing, drying and wrinkle-removal equipment, so their processes are far more efficient than those of home washing machines or smaller commercial laundries. To obtain the certification, laundries must document their efficiency in water and energy use and deploy best management practices (BMPs) such as:
- Recovering heat from drained hot water and heat dispersed from the process of warming water
- Recapturing drained water from rinses for reuse
- Using environmentally friendly detergents
- Removing solids and liquids from waste-water
- Solar energy and energy-efficient lighting
- Recycling programs
- Re-routing trucks to save vehicle fuel
- Spill prevention plans
- Preventive maintenance
2015 Utility Reduction
- CLS is now using all green chemicals for washing which means CLS is now NPE FREE.
- CLS added some new power factor equipment to raise our efficiency of power usage rating from 89% to 93%.
2014 Utility Reduction
- Natural Gas -4.39%
- Electricity -2.94%
- Water -7.3%
- Sewer -18.75%
"Over 100 Years of Service, Since 1899"
Uniform Programs - Quality Linens - Classic Mats - Facility Products - Customized Services
(800) 875-4636 - email@example.com - www.clsimage.com