Helping Restaurants Reopen Safely
Stay Home, Stay Safe – we're doing that, now it is time to "Go to Work and Stay Safe" using facts and data. The economic reactivation in Michigan requires increased attention from all industries to maintain public health and a Pure Michigan.
As restaurants open, they need to have practices for ensuring the safety and confidence of patrons.
The Textile Rental Services Association's guidelines help increase restaurant cleanliness standards and inspire confidence in the public. The recommendations include:
- Hygienically Clean tablecloths should be used to reduce or eliminate disease transmission by touch. Bacteria can be present on surfaces, even with regular cleaning. Tablecloths provide a surface that's 5 times cleaner for your patrons. Replacing tablecloths between seatings ensures a clean and safe table. These products can also identify the tables to be used for social separation. CLS washes our linens to CDC standard temperatures to minimize contamination risk.
- Hand sanitizer dispensers or bottles should be placed throughout restaurants for guests and staff to use.
- Reusable/washable face masks that meet CDC guidelines and disposable gloves should be worn by staff. Gloves should be changed out often throughout an employee's shift.
- A commercial disinfectant should be used on all hard surfaces throughout the day, including entryway door handles, kitchen area, and bathrooms.
- Staff should be given hygienically cleaned, commercially laundered uniforms daily. Those items include chef coats, cook shirts, and aprons to wear throughout their shift. Research verifies the superior cleanliness and public preference for professional laundering of work uniforms. Those items should not be washed at home. Instead, they should be left in a bin at the restaurant to be picked up and commercially laundered by a company like CLS. A clean uniform should be given out at the start of each employee's shift, replacing the clothes in which they commuted to the restaurant.
As Michigan starts "going to work and staying safe" and dining establishments begin to reopen, providing the public with a clean and safe experience will be a key part of your recovery. If you have any questions or want to discuss any of our services, please feel free to reach out to us at 1-800-875-4636 or click here to learn more about the products CLS can provide to help your business reopen.