3 minutes reading time (541 words)
UPDATED: We Will Get Through This Together
May 28, 2020 UPDATE: CLS has a comprehensive COVID-19 Preparedness and Response Plan. To request a copy of it, please call 800-875-4636. March 23,2020 UPDATE:
Today the Governor of Michigan declared non-essential business closures as part of a new Stay at Home order. Continental Linen Service is considered an "essential business" and will remain open to continue providing services to those customers that continue to operate.
We want you to know that we will continue to be here to assist and support your efforts during this critical time in our country.
We ask that if your business has been directed to, or has made the decision to, close during this time that you please notify us. If you will not be requiring our services due to a shut down we would appreciate any communication that may save valuable products and resources in other essential markets.
We appreciate your feedback at this time, and we wish us all safety, health, and positivity as we navigate through these difficult times together.
If you need to get in touch with CLS, you can do so in a number of ways:
March 16, 2020
|CLS is open and ready to help our Customer Partners keep their Team Members and Customers safe.|
|With the Coronavirus (COVID-19) spreading, we want to assure our Customers of our procedures for handling viruses and bacteria:|
- CLS already follows all industrial laundry guidelines published by the CDC to reduce the risk of virus and bacterial transmission.
- Our cleaning process temperature is above the temperature needed to inactivate viruses, which is 158 degree Fahrenheit, according to the World Health Organization.
- The CDC also states that detergent alone is an effective method to sanitizing laundry and we use specialized formulas to make sure the right amount is used in every load.
- We also wipe down and sanitize all equipment after it comes in contact with soiled laundry.
Beyond our standard cleaning and safety processes, CLS is now taking additional steps to protect our Team Members and Customers:
- CLS Team Members who come in contact with soiled laundry are following universal precautions.
- To reduce the communicable disease, all CLS Route Sales Professionals will temporarily ask that Customers not sign for their deliveries using our handheld devices.
- CLS Sales and Service Management will be using technology, such as video conference and email, to stay in contact with Customers.
- All of our route trucks are fully disinfected every night.
CLS also wants to assure our Customers that we are here to help you keep your facilities clean and safe.
These are unprecedented times and CLS is using an abundance of caution to make sure our Customer Partners and Team Members remain safe. You will not see a disruption in the excellent level of service you have come to expect from CLS.
Kurt Vander Meer, CLS President and Owner